Saturday, March 24, 2012

Updated Self-Portrait?

Scary freaky big-eyed me
I decided that since my self-portrait is about 8 years old or so, I should do an updated one. So I grabbed a random photo and some colored pencils. Then I decided, why not give myself the features I'd like to have- a smaller nose, bigger lips, and then (since it was clearly not going to look anything like me) I decided to give myself giant anime eyes. It doesn't resemble the original photo (below), and I think it actually looks really weird and creepy. Next time I'll just try and make it look like me, flaws and all ;)

The real me!
If anyone would like me to do a portrait of them or a loved one- a realistic drawing or something else altogether, I am available for commission work. Since most of my visitors are friends, I'll give you all a good deal:) Just need something to draw and someone else might value my work more than I do. Personalized art can make good gifts 'n stuff. Ok, marketing ploy over, although I may do another one in the future;)

2 comments:

  1. Really, I'm the first to comment on this beautiful image of you? We need to talk about the piece for my place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I got a couple of comments on facebook- one being "I dig the anime eyes" and one saying the drawing was more attractive than the actual photo of me! Lol jerk! Yes we should discuss your piece- I've got two other requests waiting, but one is almost done. Woo!

    ReplyDelete