Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pet Shop

Where to begin? I'll keep you in the past for now... 
"Pet Shop". Watercolors on paper, circa 2000?
This was painted in my high school art class during my Freshman year*. This is probably my favorite thing I produced from that class because it most exemplifies my style, and I enjoyed making it the most. Sort of illustration-y, bright colors, precise and detailed. It looks as though there's a story behind it and it (hopefully) makes you wonder what that story is. This is the direction I'm going (or should be) and this was the first time I took a step in that direction. When I painted this I felt excited. I knew there was more to this, and that this is where I belonged. When you see my current "big" project, you'll see the ties in the style.

*Excuse the blurriness and shine- my mom had it framed and it was sealed in or something, so I took a picture of it through the glass:)

2 comments:

  1. Your art is fabulous and I feel so privileged to be in possession of some of your pieces. Of course, you know this as I am wearing your art on my back! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it coming! This is really outstanding.

    ReplyDelete